My Favorite Songs By the Bois!

Man, I'm just on a blog post writing roll right now. But that does mean that I'll run out of steam pretty quickly.

Today I want to share my favorite songs that each of the boys wrote! Because boy oh boy do I have some opinions and some favorites... I have no idea who I want to start with because I have so many favorites, but I think that I have to start with John Richard Deacon because his songs were the first that I truly got into.

John Richard Deacon (Born on August 19, 1951 [I swear that I cannot say his name without saying his birthday too]) {I'm gonna keep myself at three for everyone and if that changes, oh well.}

Take Two: John Richard Deacon
1. Spread Your Wings
2. I Want to Break Free
3. Under Pressure/Misfire
(Number 3 kind of doesn't count because I don't think Deaky wrote the lyrics for Under Pressure, but he wrote a fire bass line! (I also like Misfire, even though we ALL know what it's really about. Wink, wink.)

Brian May (I have to come back to Bri because I'm not entirely sure which songs Bri actually wrote and I want to make sure that I'm giving Bri all the credit that he deserves! Pure Boy!)
1. '39
2. Brighton Rock
3. Keep Yourself Alive
4. Hammer to Fall
5. Tie Your Mother Down
6. She makes me (Stormtrooper in Stilettos)
7. Teo Torriatte

Freddie Mercury
1. In the Lap of the Gods
2. Love of my Life
3. Great King Rat
4. Death on Two Legs
5. Killer Queen

Roger Taylor (Author's Note, I know, I know that I talk about Roger so much! But he is my favorite member at the moment, which I'm sure will change...)
1. Sheer Heart Attack
2. Invisible Man
3. Radio GaGa
4. Breakthru
5. More of that Jazz
6. I'm in Love with my Car (this was #1 for Roger Taylor songs??)
"...unmistakable and ear-piercing falsetto (hear it shriek on "My Fairy King," "Ogre Battle," etc..." I just really enjoyed this quote about Roger's falsetto in "In the Lap of the Gods"

Alright! So I know that each of the boys has more than three songs and I completely ignored my promise, but I have been in a discovery point with Queen's music, so I'm finding new songs that I adore. (Also I LOVE Brighton Rock, but I'm not really sure if Bri wrote it or not.) These are just some old favorites as well as the new songs that I have discovered in the past week or so. I have a couple of Spotify playlists that I have made, and I am pretty good with my 70's one but haven't gotten into as much of Queen's 80's work. So, I guess enjoy this post? (Wow, I need to work on how I end posts, yikes...)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Well Hello There!

My Intro/Opinions on the Boys

Pictures and Edits !