Some Jams!

Alright! I am currently exhausted, but I wanted to share some songs that I have been really really enjoying recently. Like I have mentioned earlier and talked about in my first post, I am still a NEW FAN. I am trying to work my way through all of Queen's albums and possibly some of the boys' solo stuff as well. (Brian's voice literally is gonna give me a heart attack one day. Oh and have a mentioned Roger Taylor's falsetto?? If not, WT LITERAL F. I can't dive into that right now without my mind even further deteriorating.)

So! I think first and foremost, I have to mention what has been hitting me in the feels, which is Spread Your Wings off of News of the World. This! Fucking! Song! WOW! I connect with the lyrics in this song so much and its composition and arrangement just hit me really hard. (Also, I'm really only pretending that I know what those words mean musically, cause I'm the Great Pretender ™) (See! I know something!) I am at a point in my life when I have no idea what I'm doing with my life or what I want to do in the future. I don't have really any passions or motivations and I really haven't since my sophomore year in high school. (Wow this got deep) In the song, in my opinion, it's talking about never taking chances and needing to throw yourself into the world. So, I literally feel like the main character in the song because I "don't have any ambition and I won't get very far" also this is a long quote from the song but GOD DAMN THis is literally me so much...

SideNote: I thought that I'd demonstrate my exhaustion through the fact that I counted two fewer pastries when labeling them THREE TIMES IN A ROW ! ! I pulled 6 stickers when there were 8 pastries on the tray, then 5 stickers when there were 7 pastries, and then 6 again when there were 8. What is wrong with me!?

"He spends his evenings alone in his hotel room
Keeping his thoughts to himself he'd be leaving soon
Wishing he was miles and miles away
Nothing in this world nothing would make him stay"

I would really suggest giving this song a listen because not only is it a gorgeous ballad (see previous note) but it has a beautiful lyric and is something that you can scream along to. I would really like to do some more research behind this song, but I do know that John wrote this song (which kinda really makes sense to me?? Bc he is also the member that I connect the most with and feel the most similar to). Anyways, I have A LOT of very relevant emotions around this song with my current life situation, so it's hard for me to express the tangled web of bleh in my body right now. However! I'm sure that I will talk more about this song later! Also, it's hard for me to really talk about Queen in general sometimes because I literally feel sick and in pain, I love them so much and I stg I'm not exaggerating. My chest LITERALLY hurts even just thinking about the boys...

Alright! I'm just gonna make a bullet list of my other current favorite Queen songs after that intense Spread Your Wings Rant which will probably be continued... (I'll try and connect my Spotify which is a clear and disgusting representation of my music taste. Be prepared to see LOADS of Queen and a sparse few musicals...) [GRHSNJGSK SPREAD YOUR WINGS JUST CAME ON AS I WAS WRITING THIS I CAN'T WTF] Freddie's voice in Spread Your Wings, I can't guys, I just can't. PLS I am deceased in this very moment. A ghost is typing this.


  • Radio GaGa
  • Killer Queen
  • '39
  • Don't Stop Me Now
  • I Want to Break Free
  • Good Old-Fashioned Lover Boy
  • Stone Cold Crazy
  • Love of my Life
  • THE INVISIBLE MAN
  • Death on Two Legs (Dedicated To...)
  • My Fairy King
  • One Vision
  • It's A Hard Life
  • Keep Yourself Alive
  • Hammer To Fall
  • Breakthru (more on this later)
  • Don't Try Suicide (MORE ON THIS LATER, I'm sorry)
  • Flick of the Wrist*
  • In the Lap of the Gods*
  • In The Lap of the Gods... Revisited* (I'm an utter fool)
  • The Great Pretender*
  • These are the Days of our Lives (Roger singing this !!)
  • Sweet Lady
  • I'm in Love with my Car??
  • Seven Seas of Rhye*
  • The Prophet's Song*
  • Princes of the Universe
  • Headlong*
  • (Shoutout to Roger's falsetto in Somebody to Love!)
Whew! That was quite the list and I am 100% positive that there are more songs that I have been loving that I didn't include on that list but that's alright! I'm tired! The songs that have the asterisk (*) are ones that I still have to do some more listening to get my full opinion on or I have listened to a good amount, but I now have a different opinion on them. I included some notes because when first viewing the names of some of the songs on my list, you're probably like, wtf? I know that I am! (Let's be honest here, is anyone here but me actually reading this?) I will be talking about my emotions surrounding Breakthru, Radio GaGa, and others. Also! I will be talking about why I like these songs later. And, I will separate the more jammy songs that I just like rocking out to (i.e. Don't Try Suicide, I'm in Love with my Car, Invisible Man), from the songs that have a *deeper* meaning to me (i.e. Love of my Life, Death on Two Legs (Dedicated to...), and '39).

SideNote: In the Lap of the Gods sounds like a Beatles song?? Maybe? Like Octopus' Garden... Also, I'm a fool, I didn't realize that there was In the Lap of the Gods, but also, an In the Lap of the Gods... Revisited and was just blaming me not remembering certain parts of the song/hearing two different songs each time on my sucky memory. I'm a FOOL. And can we please talk about Roger's falsetto In the Lap of the Gods??? Seriously, WHAT THE ACTUAL FUDGE I can't take this much longer Roger, I make a request to stop screwing me over.


Will I make a separate post just with my favorite Roger Taylor falsetto songs? Who do you think I am? On second thought, PLS don't answer that question yet. Also, I will possibly include some of my fav songs with Brian and the Red Special or ones that I think highlight Freddie's voice and John's songwriting/dancing! I will make a YouTube/Spotify playlist with these ^^ songs on it and link it in a later post! More posts are coming! I have so freaking much to say about Queen and all things Queen related! Lemme tell ya! For now, enjoy these great pics of the boys, which I have no idea what they will be. [Ok they all turned out to be of Roger... Fine.] Love ya darling(s)!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Well Hello There!

Pictures and Edits !

My Intro/Opinions on the Boys